Why would I participate in the Youth Climate Action Summit?
- Hear the latest climate change research and learn about the economic and ecological consequences of climate change.
- Learn strategies to respond and adapt to climate change in your region and in the process, save money for your schools and communities.
- Develop a Climate Action Plan to take back to your school and community.
- Benefit through increased knowledge and the development of leadership skills.
- Network with other schools regionally and beyond to learn about successful climate action by youth.
United Nations Environmental Program: https://www.unep.org/interactive/emissions-gap-report/2020/
Resources for organizing action: https://futuregroundnetwork.org
Project Drawdown https://www.drawdown.org
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) interactive datasets: https://sos.noaa.gov/SOS_Explorer/
Tips on climate action: https://archive.curbed.com/2017/6/7/15749900/how-to-stop-climate-change-actions
Climate Change Art:http://www.jillpelto.com
The Right to be Cold: One Woman’s Story of Protecting Her Culture, the Arctic and the Whole Planet, by Sheila Watt-Cloutier
If you have resources you would like to share to this page, please contact us.